General Talk

Thảo luận trong 'Giao lưu Ngoại Ngữ' bắt đầu bởi ipridian_elf, 27/10/05.

1. re][ic

re][ic The Warrior of Light

Tham gia ngày:
    22/5/07
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    5675978987089-98
    nah.. im neither student nor worker lol... just graduated this summer, still livin in my last summer break if u know what i mean :P

2. Deforestation

Deforestation Donkey Kong

Tham gia ngày:
    26/8/12
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Can Tho
    is it you are gonna get married or finding a job? And you're ẹnoying your last summer as a free boy/girl? :-? :-?

3. cruelshade

cruelshade Garena VN

Tham gia ngày:
    10/2/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ngày hôm qua
    Sorry to break the news I would have to take an extra semester because I was too tired to take the 2nd language certificate, that is Level B for Chinese.
    In addition to the problem, I was unscrupulously oversleeping while one of my general subjects examination took place 3 years ago so i would as well retake the course of this subject :cuteonion38:

4. Sunoflife

Sunoflife Mayor of SimCity

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    Oh, what was your major then? What uni?[​IMG]

Well, nothing too capricious in your case. Given your constant procrastination in everything, I'd be astonished if you made it right on schedule in your graduation. [​IMG]

5. Deforestation

Deforestation Donkey Kong

Tham gia ngày:
    26/8/12
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Can Tho
    Ok, as you can see, I'm going to have 50 posts so I'm going to be able to change my Signature.
    And now, i'd like to quote certain statement in my signature.
    Therefore, i'd like to ask for permission to post something that is quite unrelated to the topic. It's just a simple statement but in quite a "special" format - all bold - for example.

6. Sunoflife

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    Off to gym. [​IMG]Update your daily routine, guys. Just consider this topic your FB. [​IMG]

7. Mr.Garfield

Mr.Garfield The Cat Lão Làng GVN

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    reading war and peace

8. Sunoflife

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    Perhaps I should take up reading English novels again[​IMG] (I still have Twilight in my book case).

9. Mr.Garfield

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    omg i know you said you're gay but Twilight? ffs...

and btw i'm reading in vietnamese

10. Sunoflife

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    It's not that bad, you know. The novels and movies are not the same. Many people assume that if the movies ****, so do the novels. [​IMG]

11. Mr.Garfield

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    but the movies **** so bad i doubt the novels can be much better... :(

actually i've just only seen the first movie so i'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but what the heck? i just have an indescribable hatred for anything that suddenly become absurdly popular for next to know reason at all.
    and i'm more of the "classical" type in term of novels' preference

12. CRIME

CRIME Mega Man

Tham gia ngày:
    19/8/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Lefthander Co.
    It's actually the other way around, if the quality of the movies don't mean anything at all, 100% of the time the novels are alot better (even Harry Potter). I read Twilight, have to say that Stephen Meyers's writing skill is pretty good. The story is still the same, but it's just... better, not so f\_/cked up, lame and gay like in the movie
    I have to say part of it is also because of the actors-actresses choice, Bella is not a piece of moving- talking driftwood like Kristen Stewart and Edward although he is pretty emontional and stuffs like that, he's described as pretty muscular (his body is more like Taylor Lautner - Jacob) and he has a face of an angel - not this lame 4ss thinny, emo-looking guy Robert Pattinson.

13. Mr.Garfield

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    You have a point there, the actors-actresses choice put me off big time. Kristen Stewart seemed fine at first, but Robert Pattinson, his face annoyed the hell out of me I don't even know why. You may call it hate at first sight if there's such a term lol :))

14. Sunoflife

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    If you guys have a chance to read both versions of a novel, there's a good chance that you'll be shocked at how it was translated. Some sentences are changed completely, not a shred of similarity could be found. This happened when I compared two versions of a novel for girls call All American girl by Meg Cabot (the same author of series Princess Diaries). [​IMG]

15. re][ic

re][ic The Warrior of Light

Tham gia ngày:
    22/5/07
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    5675978987089-98
    not really finding a job, im just not sure what i prefer to do. im findin myself huh.. And yeah, im enjoying it but sometimes.. it sucks

I learned law at Hanoi law uni :D

16. Mr.Garfield

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    That's not really important, as long as the key ones are not mistranslated.
    For instance when translating an idiom, what do you do, of course you have to find a Vietnamese one with a similar meaning, no? It's about getting the message across.

17. Sunoflife

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    Oh we got a lawyer here. Now I know who to look for when it comes to law. [​IMG]But wait, what kind of law, exactly? I heard that there are a bunch of majors in law uni, each deals with a different branch.[​IMG]
    I know, not a very big deal but anyway, as a reader, I want my novels to be original. [​IMG]

18. Mr.Garfield

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    We have a real one in wiwi already, and where the hell is he btw?

Yeah me too, but it's kind of hard learning English and Russian and French and Japanese and Chinese etc. so...

19. Sunoflife

Tham gia ngày:
    25/7/05
    Bài viết:
    What? wiwi is a lawyer? [​IMG] How astonishing. [​IMG] He's not a regular customer of this shop. He just comes and goes sometimes....[​IMG]

20. Mr.Garfield

Tham gia ngày:
    2/10/06
    Bài viết:
    Nơi ở:
    Ha Noi, Vietnam,
    Yeah iirc...
    And he used to be a regular, maybe before you? He's just moved on from us, like many others :(

Chia sẻ trang này